If you love your coffee and you want to wake up to that smell of roasting coffee in the morning with little effort, you’re going to need to upgrade your old coffee pot to a smart coffee maker.
There are several new and improved coffee makers out there that do things you’ve only dreamed of. Waking up to coffee without having to groggily drag yourself out of your bed to make a pot and controlling your coffee maker from your phone are the new norms. It’s time to upgrade so let’s check out the features to look for in smart coffee makers and the top four smart coffee makers!
Features to Look for in Smart Coffee Makers
Drip Coffee Brewers vs. Pod Coffee Makers
The biggest feature and difference you’ll notice between coffee makers is whether they use a filter (drip coffee brewers) or whether you have to use pods to make your coffee.
For certain coffee makers that use pods, you will have to order a specific brand. They can get pricey, have a lower selection, and can be hard to find in stores. However, there are coffee makers that can use pods as well as cups for filtered coffee. Depending on your budget, you may want to stick to those that use filters. These coffee makers give you a chance to choose between actual coffee beans or filtered coffee.
Wi-Fi and App Capabilities
The term “smart coffee maker” can refer to a few things. In most cases, when advertising refers to a smart coffee maker, they mean the coffee maker is able to connect to either Wi-Fi orBluetooth. Or they have an app that lets you control the coffee pot with the touch of a button on your cell phone.
These apps can let you start a pot of coffee from another room (in some cases, you have to be within sight of the coffee pot) or even give the ability to set a specific time for your coffee maker to start brewing you a cup of joe. This can also mean that the coffee maker uses special technology to brew your coffee.
Cup Size and Servings
These new coffee makers vary in what they offer. Some coffee makers will make a whole pot of coffee. These usually have a warmer plate to keep the pot hot for an hour or so. Other coffee makers make coffee by the cup. They always give you different cup sizes to choose from for whatever your coffee loving heart desires.
Top 4 Smart Coffee Makers
- The Bonaverde Coffee Machine uses a customized infrared roasting. You can make your perfect cup of coffee using the machine or even Facebook
- This coffee maker cangrind coffee beansand make a great cup of coffee in under 15 minutes.
- It has an adjustable stainless steel cone grinder so you can pick the coarseness you desire.
- You can also adjust the strength of your coffee by adding different levels of water into the tank.
- The Nespresso Expert uses Bluetooth technology so you can personalize your single service.
- The espresso single-serve automatic coffee maker heats up in under 30 seconds with one touch. It will power off after it hasn’t been used in 9 minutes.
- They offer 4 different single serving coffee or espresso cup sizes including Ristretto (.85 ounces), Espresso (1.35 ounces), Lungo (3.7 ounces), and even Americano (.84 ounce coffee and 4.2 hot water).
- It has 3 temperature settings that include medium, hot, and extra hot.
- The coffee maker has an extra spout to use for hot water and Americano coffee.
- The coffee maker has easy machine care.
- It comes with a complimentary Nespresso capsule gift kit that includes 12 different coffee capsules.
- Smarter Coffee Maker has an app for iPhone and Android so you can control your coffee maker from anywherein your home.
- This coffee maker can connect to Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant so you can use voice commands.
- You can track the water level in this coffee maker through your app.
- You can set up an alarm with your app so you can wake up in the morning to freshly brewed coffee. Or you can even have a cup of coffee ready for you when you walk through your door from being out.
- You can personalize and choose between bean to cup coffee or filtered coffee. You can also choose how strong you want your coffee.
- The warming plate can pre-heat and keep your coffee warm for up to 40 minutes.
- The EzProBrewGenie is easy to program and even easier to setup. A Wi-Fi router is not needed to set this coffee maker up.
- You can download the app on either an iPhone or Android to control your coffee maker from up to 150 feet away.
- It can remind you to set up for brewing the night before through the app or you can set it to brew coffee at the same time every morning. You can also set alert tones on your phone to let you know when your coffee is done brewing.
- If your water tank is low the coffee pot can alert you using a red light on the coffee maker or an alert through your app. If the tank is empty the coffee maker will refuse to brew coffee to prevent your maker from overheating.
- It includes a 1-year warranty.
Finding a new coffee machine withsmart technologycan boost your mornings with productivity or relaxation (whichever you prefer). It can improve your taste buds and you can cultivate the perfect cup of coffee by your preferences. So, throw out that old coffee pot and invest in a newer, more modern smart coffee maker to improve your morning routine.