Smart Laptop Bags
Laptops are expensive. Without the proper bag, you can risk your laptop being damaged or stolen by sticky hands. A great laptop bag can prevent almost all bad things imaginable happening to your laptop so you aren’t left paying to fix a damaged computer or worse yet, paying for a new one altogether.
Your laptop bag, whether for class or for travel, should be of high quality. So, let’s check out what to look for in a bag and the coolest smart bags to choose from.
What to Look for in a Smart Laptop Bag
Of course, as well as a decent shoulder strap, the laptop sleeve, and laptop compartment itself, the fabric of your laptop bag is more important than you’d think. Durable fabric will protect your laptop from outside elements. Waterproof and water-resistant bags are great for keeping moisture from seeping in, protecting your laptop as well as anything else important you might be lugging around. The fabric on the inside of the bag is just as important. You want a soft fabric to protect your laptop and a fabric that won’t scratch against any of your electronic devices.
Most smart laptop bags out on the market now have built-inUSB chargers. In most cases, you will need to purchase a power bank to use these USB chargers.
These built-in chargers are fantastic for charging your cell phone, your tablet, or your laptop while you’re on the go. You don’t have to worry about a dying battery or rush to find a wall outletever again.
Pockets and Compartments
How many pockets and how big the compartments are, vary for different laptop bags — a zippered pocket or two is always a good way to go!
While you’re shopping for a bag, you need to keep in mind what you need it for. Do you just need a bag for your laptop? Then you won’t need a bag with many pockets. Do you have to carry around paperwork constantly for work? You’ll need a pocket that can protect your documents from bending. Are you traveling or do you need to carry several electronic devices along with you? You’re going to need a bag with quite a good number of pockets.
5 Top Smart Laptop Bags
- The Travelpro Brief Bag is made of durable and tough ballistic nylon.
- It also has a DuraGuard coating that resists stains and abrasions. It’s also made with tough SUPRA zippers that can resist damage as well.
- There’s extra protection for your laptop since it has a padded laptop pocket and a separated padded tablet sleeve.
- It includes a built-in business organizer for files, documents, notebooks, and other assorted items.
- There’s also a pocket made with material that can block RFID signals. RFID signals are commonly used to steal credit card and passport information. This will protect you from identity theft.
- It includes an external USB port and power bank so you can charge your electronics.
- This laptop bag fits under seats or in the overhead bins at most major United States airlines.
- This bag can fit a 6-inch laptop.
- The Zrui Slim Laptop Backpack is made on the outside with durable eco-friendly waterproof nylon fabric and high-end microfiber leather.
- The inside of the bag is made with well-padded and vented Airmesh back panel.
- The straps are shock-load sternum making it comfy and easy to carry. The straps are removable and adjustable.
- This bag includes a low profile top and side grab handles for easy portability as well as a luggage handle pass-through panel on the back so you can attach it to your suitcase.
- It’s designed to make theft difficult. The main zipper to the main pocket is hidden under the straps.
- It has a built-in USB charger on the outside and inside to make charging your electronics easy while you’re on the go.
- The Kopack Laptop Backpack is made of a strong and durable nylon fabric that’s also water-repellent and tear-resistant.
- This bag also has padded straps for extra support and extra comfort.
- It has a dual access zipper with an anti-theft design for better security.
- It has one large packing compartment and a separate pocket for your laptop. It also has a tablet holder and front pocket organizer for documents and other assorted items.
- It has a built-in external USB interface and cable so you can charge your electronic devices while you’re on the go.
- The Bopai Laptop Bag is made of a water-resistant microfiber leather and ballistic nylon.
- The roomy inside of the bag is made of a unique flannel compartment that will give extra protection for your laptop.
- It has a 45-degree back opening position and it has a strap that easily attaches to the pull rod of your suitcase. This makes for easy portability while traveling.
- It includes a USB charging port and a cable so you can easily charge your electronic devices as needed.
- The iHome Smart Brief uses plush lined compartments to help prevent damage to your electronic devices. There’s also extra padding on the bottom to protect your laptop.
- It includes a plush-lined pocket specifically for your iPad as well as an easy to access plush lined pocket for your cell phone. They use integrated magnets to make sure the pockets stay closed and secure.
- The straps are padded and adjustable.
- This bag has pockets designed for your headphones. There are even extra pockets for your chargers and cords so you can keep everything organized.
- They have included an inside pocket that works as a slim folio for important documents and files.
- This bag can fit up to a 13 inch MacBook Air or MacBook Pro.
Finding the right laptop bag for your electronics doesn’t have to be a pain. Keep in mind what your needs are before you spend a bunch of money on a bag that might be overkill for you.